Promise. Opportunity. Change. Each year comes with this trio of positive models, but if we truly want to make a new year better than the last, it’s likely we need to let some shit go first.
No year is ever perfect , not in the least. But before we stumble 2020, let’s try to leave the following things and minds behind in 2019.
1. The idea that we are entitled to anything in life, but especially at work and in love . 2. Breakups, heartbreaks, etc . Leave the negative recognitions of your love life in the past where they belong. Bring only the positive recalls and readings you learned. 3. Mistakes . Forgive yourself — it’s time. Don’t gave them overshadow your future.
4. The people who are superficial . Meaningful love and relationships require substance. Leave the shallow and glittered-up airheads in the past; they’re a waste of time.
5. The people who molested and/ or used you . 6. The people who lied to you . 7. The bad attires that keep your body from being its healthiest and most powerful . 8. The idea that to have fun you have to drink or be drunk . 9. The relevant recommendations that success is a checklist of occupation, home, significant other . 10. The anxiety of change . 11. Other people’s review and judgement . It’s your life, with your goals and your notions- nobody else’s. So ignore them and live it.
12. Your social media status . Nobody upkeeps how many likes, remarks, or adherents you have on Instagram. Share your life, but do it for you , not for a stranger in Australia.
13. The relevant recommendations that we have to play games to get what we want in love .
14. Anything that is not evident of your genuine soul. Invests, wonts, behaviors. Toss them. Be you, 100% you, with everyone you encounter. Own yourself. Those who don’t appreciate that shouldn’t be in your life anyways.
15. The idea that you have to have everything figured out- now, by 30, by 40, at all . Nobody has it figured out, so get used to that discomfort.
16. Being cozy . Nobody ever did anything enormou by do the same thing over and over. 17. Worrying about things you can’t control . 18. The relevant recommendations that if it’s not easy, it’s not worth it . Wrong. Grow up and hug current realities that everything worth having is worth the hard work. Nothing remains in the “honeymoon” stage forever- not your job , not your romance , nothing. 19. The idea that you don’t need to work hard, that if something is “meant to be” it’ll all work out okay . Wrong. Nothing should be miserably hard to work at forever, but everything expects effort. Stop believing fate and karma decide the day and recognize your miscarries so you can grow up and be better. 20. The relevant recommendations that life should look and feel a certain way . It’s a chaotic kaleidoscope of a million different complexions and spirits, and “youve selected” the ones you look and know. Was living for you, how you want, and in the way you feel is right. No one choice establishes appreciation to everyone — no one undertaking , no one style of relationship , no one thought of success. What brought you happiness may produce someone else nothing but boredom, so live your life for you every damn daylight and own it.
Your life is yours to create and destroy at will. So depart, start realise the best possible use of it. It’s your time right now, and to use the most cliched word of our generation, “live your best life, ” because as Instagram-dorky as it musics, it’s damn true.